The Krew of the Knights of Sant' Yago was chartered in Tampa in 1972. The membership is composed of professional men from around the Tampa Bay area. Membership is currently capped at 250 individuals. There is a also Ladies Auxiliary (Las Damas) that is made up of the spouses of Sant' Yago members. The Krewe of Sant' Yago meets every Tuesday night in Ybor City. Executive Board meetings take place every Tuesday, with the exception of the third Tuesday of each month, which is designated as a Full Board meeting. All active members are encouraged to attend any or all of these meetings.
Included in the annual Sant' Yago membership dues:
- A Black Tie Coronation in January
- Participation in the Gasparilla Day Parade and Sant' Yago Knight Parade in January & February, respectively
- Participation in the Rough Riders St. Patrick's Day Parade in March
- An Invitation to the Sant' Yago Ethnic Party in April
- The Annual Election Party in April
- A Black Tie Debutante Ball in July
- Participation in the Veteran's Day Parade in November
- A Black Tie or Theme Queen's Ball in November
- A Black Tie or Theme King's Ball in December
- Invitation to several Sant' Yago Education Foundation events throughout the year
- A number of other volunteer events throughoutthe year including school and hospital visits
The Krewe of Sant' Yago dons beautifully decorated costumes representative of Spanish Knights from the 14th and 15th Centuries. The Krewe's operations are overseen by El Baron (The Baron) along with a Board of elected members.
Our Royal Court is made up of an El Rey (King), La Reina (Queen) and a number of Ladies-in-Waiting, Courtesans, Pages, Attendants and a Royal Sword Bearer. The Court changes each year during our Annual Coronation.
If you are interested in learning more about our "Brotherhood of Men" please call our Krewe Office 813-248-3088 or email us at email@example.com; our Executive Director will be happy to answer your questions.